From Mike Grossman
A few items for this week:
- Some help is still needed at the upcoming Oakton Chess Tournament. Please see available volunteer spots at the SignUpGenius page
- Please contact Mike Grossman if your student is going to participate in the Oakton Chess Tournament. He need to finalize the list by Wednesday, January 24.
- The Oakton Chess Club is still (always) accepting donations to help keep it afloat. You can submit your donations directly to Mike Grossman on Wednesday during Chess Club or leave them in the PTA mailbox in the front office. Please make checks out to “Oakton Chess Club.”
- Attached are notes that Coach Shiva wanted to share with the kids – these are some of the points he’s been working on with the newer players in the group.
- The Illinois State K-8 Chess Championship will be March 9-11 at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg. See the attached PDF with additional details from Maret Thorpe. Also see http://www.chessweekend.com/2018-illinois-k-8-championships/. Please contact Mike Grossman for more information – sounds like a great time.