Direct Appeal 2017-18
Dear Oakton Families, Friends and Staff:
Every fall, the PTA asks for your participation in our simplest annual fundraiser. Here’s how it works: we ask you to support our efforts on behalf of Oakton’s students, and you make a gift online or via check in the amount that is most comfortable for you and your family. That’s it!
The Oakton PTA is committed to nourishing every child – body, mind and soul. Programs supported by your gifts to this fundraising drive include:
- A thriving community garden that gives students a chance to learn about plant biology and try fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the school year;
- Sports and activities like chess club, soccer, basketball, flag football, running and Frisbee;
- Visits from leading children’s authors like Caldecott Medal-winner Eric Rohman;
- Support for the administration’s Positive Behavior reward events;
- Improvements to school spaces (We’re working on getting better sound for the auditorium!);
- Teachers’ special projects; and
- Picnics, holiday celebrations and D.I.M.E. dance parties for students and families.
This year we need to raise at least $6,500 through this direct appeal to ensure these programs for Oakton’s kids can continue. It takes our whole community chipping in. Will you help?
Oakton’s diverse and vibrant community of learners comes from all walks of life and all across
Evanston. We need your help now to keep our school community strong!
To make your tax-deductible gift, use the PayPal button on this page, or leave a check in the PTA mailbox in the front office. Will you consider a gift of $50 per child? I bet you saved at least that much with the PTA Bulk School Supply program this fall!
During this season of thanks, I thank you for your consideration and your commitment to Oakton!
Other Ways To Help Oakton
This is one easy way to raise money for Story Store.
Look for and clip box tops from products with the Box Tops for Education logo. Turn them in to your child’s teacher or drop them in the collection box in the office. We earn $0.10 for every box top. If you shop online, you can sign up at www.boxtops4education.com. Click on “Marketplace” to see which retailers will donate a percentage of sales to Oakton.
Clothes 4 Charity Drop Box
Just by donating your old clothes into the blue drop box, located in the school’s parking lot, you help fundraising money for Oakton School.
Just place your items in the blue drop box, located in the school’s parking lot (and call 773-394-8828 for a tax receipt). Clothes 4 Charity collects all these items which are then sold in bulk to thrift stores. Oakton will receive a portion of the amount donated.
- Clothing (men, women, and children)
- Hats, belts, purses
- Non-breakable small household items that will fit into a kitchen size trash bag (13 gallon).
For more information of what items Clothes 4 Charity accepts, please click here.
Food 4 Less Share program
Food 4 Less is a local retailer that offers such program, by which a portion of your total bill is donated back to our school. It’s easy to sign up, just ask for details in store.